A 24 Hour Green
10-11 February 2018, Norrsken House, Stockholm
The Green Idea
The Green Idea is a green innovation competition where startups that strive to make a positive change are born. During a 24 hour green idea marathon, driven people with different backgrounds and perspectives will gather to develop concepts that can create a more sustainable society. By the end of the 24 hours all teams will pitch for an expert jury and the creators of the winning solution will be offered mentorship, 20,000 SEK and support to take their idea further.
For this competition we call for solutions within any of the three topics – food, consumption and energy. With a dynamic and fast paced format we aim to create a platform where your ideas are challenged and developed with the help of others. Come with an idea – leave with a new network, inspiration and a sound business plan.
Birger Jarlsgatan 57,
What is unique about The Green Idea?
The Green Idea is indeed a competition, but it is first and foremost a greenhouse for great projects. The event has a dynamic format with team building activities, workshops and inspirational talks in addition to the actual pitch competition.
Who can participate?
Anyone with a great idea for a green start-up! Participation is free* and food and sleeping arrangements will be provided during the whole event. No experience in coding is required – your solution does not even have to be tech-related.
We promote diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds and of different ethnicities and gender to apply. The working language of the event is English.
The ideas will be focused on the following topics.
Energy efficiency and renewable energy
Plant-based food and reduce food waste
The Green Idea partners
Frequently asked questions
Where do I sleep?
- Sleeping arrangements will be provided, however we do recommend you bring your own sleeping bag.
Where do I eat?
- We will provide food! Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions when applying for the event.
Do I need to have an idea before the event?
- We recommend you start thinking about ideas before the event – 24h is a short time for creating a feasible business plan and preparing a pitch. With that said, we are sure there will be many great ideas that you can join on spot if you do not have one ready-made.
What can I win?
- The creators of the winning business idea will be offered mentorship, 20,000 SEK and support to take their idea further.
Do I have to join a team or can I work on my own business idea?
- You can work on your business idea individually, yes. All participants do however need to take part in the team building and workshops before the contest starts – even a brilliant idea can become better by having other people’s input and feedback.